Whether you are using a print company for the first time or you have used one before – here are our 5 top tips to help us to help you.
1. Be clear with your brief / instructions to us
- Have a chat with us, tell us as much as you can about the project you want us to work on.
- Let us have images to help demonstrate your ideas.
- Unlike many companies on the web, we have a physical office location. If you are local, come and see us or give us a call.
2. When placing an order with us all artwork is expected to be supplied as a ‘Print-Ready’ PDF unless you are requesting design work from our graphic designers.
- ‘Print-Ready’ is a term used to describe artwork, which is supplied at high resolution, with crop marks and at least 2mm bleed. Bleed allows you to run artwork to the edge of a page. On the press, the artwork is printed on a large sheet of paper then trimmed to size.
- If you need help with this setting up, check our templates page or feel free to get in touch, and we will be happy to help.
3. Proof-read all of your text before submitting it to us.
- Are there any typographic mistakes?
- Is the content correct?
- Is the font consistent?
4. Supply us with branding guide-lines if appropriate.
- For example – colour swatches, fonts, layouts, etc.
5. Be sure to tell us when you need it.
- We do all printing and finishing in-house. The benefit of this is that no time is wasted by sending jobs out to other locations, which allows us to offer you, our customer, the fastest turnaround possible.
We hope you find this useful.
For more information, visit our website www.telfordrepro.co.uk or give us a call 01952 670211